- On Friday, I didn't do the exercises that everyone else doing job prep were
doing. I wanted to continue writing C code, and continued to work on the
bencode parser in C. I barely was able to finish adding support for lists.
- I got comfortable using Valgrind, in the process of debugging a stupidity of
- What I was able to write with Python in an hour or so, I have been writing
for about a day, in C, and haven't yet finished it! It definitely doesn't
help that my C is very rusty…
Saturday & Sunday
- I didn't work much, and went around New York with Madhu. We went to quite
a few places around here, the highlight being, the view of Manhattan's
skyline from the Staten Island Ferry.
- NYC's library also had an interesting exhibhition on the history of
America, just before and during WW-I.
- On Sunday, I tried out Mary TTS on the raspberry pi, and it is simply
- I then, started writing a simple wrapper around Google's tts that is used
by Google translate.
- The TTS part is more or less working right now, the next step would be to
deploy it on the RaspberryPi and start using it as a radio, to see what my
needs are like. Hooking it up to Jasper client seems like a good idea,
right now… though I'm not sure if it would work very well, with the pi's
audio output drowning out the voice commands.