- I feel like I didn't get much done yesterday.
- I mostly worked on the API differ, but didn't get much done. I have a few tests, and some code for diffing two functions, but I'm not very happy with it.
- I helped Giorgio and Carlos with using my client only
hs_oauthscript/library, for their Zulip bot.
- The white boarding group worked on some binary related problems, and it was fun.
- I looked at how the HS OAuth backend works on blaggregator and thought about
how to go about fixing the issue of broken images on the site. The problem
happens because the image URLs are returned from the HS API calls, that are
made whenever a user logs in(?), and the URLs are cached. Since, HS uses
cloudfront for its assets, the URLs expire after a period of time, and the
cached urls in blag's database need to be updated. There could be two ways
of doing it -
- Check if the URL 404s, every time a URL is requested, on the server side.
Intuitively, I feel like 2. would be better, but Madhu suggested that 1. wouldn't be that bad either. We could try both out, and see which works better I suppose.
I'd be interested to try this out, sometime.