Back again with another khichdi of a post.
- Quark, Waves and Apogee. [For the uninitiated, Quark is our
technical festival and Waves, our Cul-fest] I had been to
BITS-Pilani, for attending their Tech-fest, Apogee.
- One would expect Apogee to end up the best, but we were thoroughly disappointed. It came nowhere near the perfection of Quark and things seemed quite unprofessional. Hats-off to Chaitu n others in the Quark Org-Co. I'm already worried about missing Quark'09 [thanks to my PS]
- The specials at all three events were unforgettable. Feeding the Fish, the Air Shows (Naval and Amateur planes), the Orchestral performance, Special Performance [Aasra], Sand art by Gagan and Mithali!
- Had the opportunity, to meet/have a look at some of the guys studying at colleges in their home towns. For once, I felt being in a "reputed", national college does matter.
- Felt good spending some time with good ol' friends at Pilani.
- Always believed organizing events isn't my forte, but, helped organize a couple of events at Quark. Feels good.
- Effective Communication is less about how well you choose your words but more about your quantum of concern for the other person and the matter at hand!
- Pilani Campus, Love at First sight. Never really felt like
- The arts/non-technical clubs there are simply superb! We have a lot to learn
- Cycling on campus. A dream come true!
- All Night Canteen is a real hangout place!
- Green, Greener, Greenest. Never really felt like we were in the deserts of Rajasthan.
- …. the list can go on and on. I'll stop here.
- FOSS n me.
- Attended my first FOSS event! The Install Fest @ Quark. Wasn't as awe inspiring as I would've liked it to be, but still a memorable one. Simply for being my first install-fest and for the lessons we learnt.
- FOSSKriti'08 is one event I'll regret missing. It was absolutely amazing. I'm just hoping, people here too get to that level soon enough.
- Free Software and Freeware ain't the same stuff. It's extremely painful when people address FOSS stuff as freeware. Free Software is Software that's Free as in Free Speech n Freeware is software that if free as in free beer.
- Eagerly awaiting mukt.in v2. Can't wait to get back home!
- Enjoying my time on \\#mukt.in and \\#linux-india. The new DC hub (GNOME) for FOSS junta is cool too!
- There's an urgent need to start contributing to FOSS. But how?
- Haven't yet found myself an intern/project for summer. Wonder what's in store, this summer.
- Most of the gang's On-Campus next sem. Will really miss Voodoo though. Hoping he has a rocking PS.
- Hoping we won't have to shift hostels next sem.
- Appreciation is a great motivator. Expressing it promptly is important. I'm bad at it. Should work on it.
- "The gang" is like a flock of birds in flight.
- This semester is coming to an end already, and I don't have anything I'd be proud of.
- Wonder why I have absolutely no feelings about the farewell we'd be having soon.
- Awaiting Ugadi Celebs. Seems like they are gonna rock more than ever.
- Gone are those days, when I used to post because something I had to write about, compelled me to do so. These days, the long inactivity on my blog is turning out to be the sole reason for my posts. [A few Rare Exceptions though, and this one isn't] I wonder if its because life's become uneventful or because I grew lazier or because of something else.
- I don't like posting accounts of events from the recent/distant past, but I'm doing it just to prevent my blog's death.