- I didn’t spend much time at Hacker School on Friday. I reached a bit late for the start of “Recursion day”, and did a few problems. The problems were simple, but interesting. After lunch, I headed home to start to Philly.
- Later in the day, I did some refactoring of the code to have the index reader and writer split out.
- I also added a setup.py to be able to install the package using the standard tools instead of PYTHONPATH hacks and stuff.
- During the refactoring, I again hit this bug. I found out from Pankaj that
from __future__ import print_function, absolute_importsat the start of his files these days. I think I’m going to do it, too.
Saturday & Sunday
I didn’t do much during the weekend. I ended up adding a TXT record for SPF for this domain, to work around Gmail marking bulk mails for the childrens-park newsletter as spam. I was able to send one newsletter, but not sure if only the SPF is enough or I’ll have to setup DKIM, and other stuff. (I don’t understand most of these acronyms!)
Someone mentioned http://github.com/kennethreitz/autoenv on Zulip, and I really liked the idea. I have started using it for a couple of projects and also got rid of a couple of my bashrc aliases, and created a new project command with completions of the directories in my project directory. I like this setup, as of now.