On Friday, I didn’t do the exercises that everyone else doing job prep were
doing. I wanted to continue writing C code, and continued to work on the
bencode parser in C. I barely was able to finish adding support for lists.
I got comfortable using Valgrind, in the process of debugging a stupidity of
not using realloc correctly.
What I was able to write with Python in an hour or so, I have been writing
for about a day, in C, and haven’t yet finished it! It definitely doesn’t
help that my C is very rusty…
Saturday & Sunday
I didn’t work much, and went around New York with Madhu. We went to quite
a few places around here, the highlight being, the view of Manhattan’s
skyline from the Staten Island Ferry.
NYC’s library also had an interesting exhibhition on the history of
America, just before and during WW-I.
On Sunday, I tried out Mary TTS on the raspberry pi, and it is simply
I then, started writing a simple wrapper around Google’s tts that is used
by Google translate.
The TTS part is more or less working right now, the next step would be to
deploy it on the RaspberryPi and start using it as a radio, to see what my
needs are like. Hooking it up to Jasper client seems like a good idea,
right now… though I’m not sure if it would work very well, with the pi’s
audio output drowning out the voice commands.