- I spent the morning doing some white-boarding interview practice with a Jorge and Brian.
- I spent the rest of the day, playing with PyPy and working through a tutorial that teaches us to write a BF interpreter.
- I spent the Saturday revamping my Emacs config. The main issue with my config was having a “package” list, of all the packages that the configuration uses, in case we are trying to duplicate it elsewhere. I noticed that this gets out of sync, because I install packages by hand and never update this list. I wrote up some code, that keeps this list in sync with all the packages I have installed. I configured el-get to play well with my config, and am pretty happy with my setup, though I still have to add some matching/searching features with helm/ido/whatever else.
- I spent the Sunday writing a patch to xtab to be able to limit the number of tabs in Chromium by the memory it uses.
Recurse Center, 2014-08-08
Feel free to tweet to me or send me an email with your comments.